Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Lord will establish for you a house . . .

"...Also the Lord declares to you that He will make (establish) for you a house (Royal Dynasty)." ~2 Samuel 7:11 Amp

"Furthermore. I foretell to you that the Lord will build you a house (a blessed posterity)."
~1 Chronicles 17:10


Thursday (5/1) was an eventful day for me as I haven't been doing a lot of things lately. I took the dogs to the vet to have a procedure done. I won't go into details about it because it is kinda gross. They have to have this done every couple of months. I have one male chihuahua, he will be 5 in Dec. and his name is Jake. And we got another dog in Jan. 2008 and she is a dachshund and she is going to be 3 in Dec.


This is Daisy & Jake riding around with us to look at the houses.

We have been wanting to get a house for a long time. We were close last year but it fell through. After that experience we felt disappointed. We didn't want to get let down again. So I felt like looking again to see if there was anything out there in our price range and since the interest rates are so low. If we were going to try again we should do it. Marc is still apprehensive. So I look for some myself and I found 3 houses that I wanted to check out.



By the way Tyler has his learners licence and has been driving me around. So be careful around town. Just kidding! :-) Tyler drove us around to look at the houses. The first house that we looked at was a nice looking house, but the back yard had quite abit of slope to it. Tyler said that we couldn't get that one because we couldn't put a pool in the back yard. I love how they think. LOL! When we were leaving I noticed that on the realty sign it had a "Under Contract" on it. The next house was a HUD house and I wasn't sure about it because those houses usually need alot of work. But we went to look at it and it needs some cleaning but other than that I really liked it. It has potential. It is kinda out a little ways but I can get used to that. I didn't want to get too excited about it. So we went on to the last house and we liked it also and I would have loved to have it. So I called the realty agent to see if we could make an appointment to look at it and she said that is was "Under Contract". I was really disappointed. So 1 out of 3 were not under contract, was this a sign for us? I don't know but it looks hopeful.



This is the HUD house. What do you think?


I have sent the realtor agent who has the HUD home an e-mail to see if we can see the house. Maybe we will be able to see soon. I am trying not to get too excited. I don't know what the process will be to see if we can buy the HUD house. I am praying that we will have the favor of the Lord and the process will go smoothly and all the paper work will go through speedily.

I have to say that I am a little concern about our credit score. It isn't that high because we have had some bills that went to collections that we didn't realize. We are going to pay the small bill off and pay a payment on the other one up and make payment arrangements for the rest of it. Marc was told that it would take a couple of months for our credit score to come up. I thought that they up dated the scores monthly? I don't know. I just wish that we didn't have to worry about it.

I am tired of struggle. Ever since Alix (daughter) was a baby she has been in & out of the hospital. And in 1997 we filled liquidation because of all the medical bills. Then in 2000 we filled bankruptcy, that should have fallen off the credit report earlier this year, due to an overwhelming amount of medical bills from Alix's illness. Thank the Lord that she is doing alot better and has not been really sick in a long time. But in March 2004 I suffered a subarachnoid brain hemorrhage and racked up some BIG hospital bills. Not including the life flight bill. I try to not focus on the bills and focus on my recovery. And in Nov. 2004 I had a major back operation and racked up another BIG bill. It was like we couldn't get a break.

I don't want to get too excited about the house because of how wrong things went the last time we tried to apply for a loan to buy a house. It really made us angry about the way we were treated. And that is something that we had to deal with. But God knows what is best for us even if we are too selfish and stubborn to see it.

God has been showing me how to have a thankful attitude for the things that I have. Especially about the trailer. Because it is easy to get flustered about how much room we don't have, how we have to put the toilet paper in the trash because of the sewer line in the ground that has roots in it and it backs up in the trailer and all in the front yard, we have had an electrical fire, we have had multiple water problems, it is a daily struggle to go up & down the stairs everyday, the porch is rotting, etc. But I need to be thankful that we had a roof over our heads that kept us safe and dry.

I am learning to be still & quiet and wait on the Lord. His timing is BEST! It's not been easy having to wait & have patience. It's not fun either. I have to keep telling myself that I trust the Lord, I don't know how you are going to work it all out but I trust that you will.

Please be in prayer & agreement with us about the HUD house. That the Lord will make away where there seems to be no way. That He would give us wisdom about what to do. I know that the Lord wants his children to prosper and have the desires of their hearts. And having a house is what we have desired for a long time. Also pray that Marc would have peace about the whole process.

Thank you for praying and your support. I will keep you updated about things.

No comments: